While trying our best to adapt our new norm of life in the middle of endemic after severely hit by COVID-19, Malaysians need to deal with severe flood. There are few states that are heavily affected by flood such as areas situated in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Pahang, Perak, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Terengganu and Kelantan.
Selangor and Kuala Lumpur became the main focus during this disaster. The locations that usually that not affected that much by floods previous years have faced one of the worst floods that paralyzed these states. This happened due to a tropical depression made a landfall on the eastern coast of Peninsular Malaysia and caused torrential downfalls for three days. Things turned to worst when all these combined with air pasang besar. Thankfully, flood situated in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur are showing the improvement compared to before. However, flood situation in East Coast states are getting crucial day by day and now we need to prepare ourselves due to reminder of second and third wave of floods that is expected to hit us soon.
The unlucky ones lost their beloved one, their belongings, their places and unable to get the supply of clean water and electricity and these remind us about one thing, we need to equip ourselves in order to ensure that we are always ready to face the natural disasters in the future. Thus, AnnaOrked would like to share few tips on how to face flood in the future.
- Do not panic. Find and locate yourselves and beloved ones to the higher place as soon as possible. If you cannot move around with your vehicles, do not hesitate to abandon your vehicles and save yourself.
- Only take necessities and important items with you only if you are able to do so.
- Prepare emergency bag that contains money, equipments needed for this kind of situation, medicines and food that can be utilized during emergency situation.
- Ensure that you always have powerbank as backup in order to ensure that you still connected with outside world and able to reach help without any issue.
- If helps for authorities arrive later that you expected, do not wait. Use social media to get the latest updates and seek help if you need to do so.
How painful, how broken we are, let’s rely and trust each other and try our best to stand back in these difficult moments. As a humble servant, let us pray that the burdens that we carry are lessen and we are able to face these difficult times with patients and strong beliefs.